Monday, October 02, 2006

When the cat's away...


...the mice sit around all weekend in front of the TV, extremely bored and completely lacking in ambition, self-discipline, or personal hygene. Or mouse, I should say, since both Sarah and Eden flew out in Colorado since Friday--much like the pic above, but in a plane instead of a swing--leaving me here all by my lonesome. Their trip came about so suddenly (web-fare email alert on Wednesday! Purchase ticket on Thursday! Fly out on Friday!) that I didn't have time to make any plans for myself, like climbing Mt. Everest or seeing how many hot dogs I can eat in 5 minutes. So instead I planted myself on the couch and got lost in hours upon hours of football, sitcoms, and other mind-numbing network programming. My brain actually feels lighter after this last weekend.

Anyway, Sarah and Eden have been making the rounds back west, seeing family and friends and new nieces and cousins and what-not. It sounds like it's been a fun yet exhausting trip for them, and they're just about ready to come back tomorrow; Sarah will describe all the gory details when they get back, including a certain unpleasant surprise that goes by the name of a small bird. Those of you who were breastfeeders and had it know what I'm talking about. For those that have no idea, you really, really don't want to know, trust me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your angel's getting better! I've been reading your blog regularly after I saw the link on Sarah's Myspace page. I miss you guys, and I hope Eden'll be back to her normal adorable self soon!